Realistic Assessment Of Piles Surgery
To help to make an informed choice, there are a few things you should know about various pile surgical procedures.
First there are the particular non-invasive procedures such as latex banding or perhaps coagulation treatment. Latex banding involves placing a tight latex band around the pile, causing the pile to shrivel up and fall off. This is a relatively safe process, but it can take up to a week to complete the process, when time the pain could get quite intensive. Latex banding can only be used on piles of a certain size, because it's not suitable for piles that are too small to get a good lock on nor for piles too large to get the latex group around.
- Another non-invasive procedure will be cauterization therapy, which can be performed by laser, medicine, or freezing.
- In this instance, the effect of the procedure is to cut off blood flow into the pile from the source.
- All of these therapies are potentially very painful, but carry less possibility of long term damage than full incisive surgery.
Coagulation remedy, which also leads to the complete stoppage of blood to the pile, can be an option. This is less effective than most, but also carries less risk and also potential trauma, so it is frequently used for the elderly or perhaps for those who might not recover well.
- The first wide spread surgical procedure involves stapling the piles back up into the anal canal while excising as much pile tissue as possible.
- This procedure carries much less risk of trauma and permanent damage than hemorrhoidectomy, but has a higher recurrence rate.
- People who take this method are about 3% more likely to experience a return of their piles.
- In addition, the surgeon needs to be specifically trained in this action for optimum results.
Treatment for poles: piles of hemorrhoids remedies There are many products on the market, as you know, and many just treat the symptoms as opposed to what causes hemorrhoids. However, if you re ready to make some changes of important lifestyle and wants to get rid of piles, hemorrhoid problems...
piles: new technique for fast haemorrhoid treatment - advantages of HAL and RAR
pile, piles, Advantages of HAL and RAR hemorrhoid treatment, haemorrhoids, hemorrhoids, hemorroids, hemoroids, haemorroids, haemorrhoids, HAL ...
- Hemorrhoidal arterial ligation is another alternative to full hemorrhoidectomy.
- In this process, the doctor finds the blood vessels feeding the artery, and closes it right above those vessels' entry into the pile.
- It is also less traumatic than a full hemorrhoidectomy, and offers a 93% success rate in stopping piles from returning.
Then there is hemorrhoidectomy, which involves the total elimination of the pile and surrounding tissue by either a scalpel or laser.
Neither has been shown in clinical studies to work much better than the other, and while laser surgery might reduce the chance of scalpel-borne infection, it can also cause deep tissue burns if the surgeon isn't sufficiently skilled. A hemorrhoidectomy does carry the biggest chance of permanent pile elimination. However, it also carries the greatest potential for extremely bad side effects such as lifelong incontinence and permanent nerve damage. These side effects are fortunately really rare, but you should be aware of them. In addition, hemorrhoidectomy has the longest recovery time and usually a long period of pain and inflammation.
- Knowing the risks is an important part of deciding whether surgery is right for you.
- Only you, together with your doctor's assistance, can decide on the pile surgery right for you.
Donald writes informatively about piles, and knows much about piles surgery and non-surgical piles remedies.